Monday, February 13, 2006

My Funny Valentine

I will start by saying that I LOVE, LOVE Valentine's Day--I always have (although I am not sure why, because it's not like it has been spectacular my whole life). But, this year kinda blows. I just got back from my last uncle's (on my dad's side) funeral...I have no "prospect" to even crush over...and I had to cancel my Valentine's party because I was out of town for the funeral...oh, yeah, and I had to clean up raw sewage that had backed up in my shower last night around midnight. It's like all the dark forces of people who hate Valentine's Day are ganging up on me this year. Ugh!

My roommate said it well with this quote on her blog:
"I have enjoyed my singleness, but it's like being unemployed. It's easier to enjoy when you know when it will end."

So true. Well, I am here to have hope in Christ. As cheesy as it sounds to some people, He can be my Valentine--He's the most faithful one anyway. Also, I want to give props to my sister, best friend in PA, and my many friends who tell me (and show me) how much they care about me. Who said Valentine's was for couples?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right my beautiful sister! Good entry..I know it's so overdue to have been read...but you know me..slow with these things. I still DO care a whole lot, even though I don't read them promptly :D I am glad that we are still single! But it will be fun to say I'm glad we're married one day too!

Love--Sarah "your fellow dateless, but content" sis