It has been so long since my last post because life as a teacher is never easy in April/May! I have had a rough year and am looking forward to the summer. About the summer: praise Jesus for getting all the money for my mission trips this summer! I will be spending 12 days in Cologne, Germany with my church, traveling a bit on my own around France, and then meeting my Campus Crusade summer project in Southern France 12 days after Germany. I will be spending 7 weeks in Nice, France with CCC and then returning home to start the new school year a few days later. Wow! I am so looking forward to it.
On my France team, they did a getting to know you thing and I liked it, so I am going to post what I wrote. Most people that check this know me, but it is fun. I am not even sure if anyone checks this at all actually, so I may be writing to myself :) Either way, I dig it. Here goes:
1. Name: Katie Brown
2. School: Graduated from Texas A&M University in College Station, TX (Whoop!)
3. Year: Grad December 20004.
4. Major: Early Childhood Education (with a background in Environmental Engineering--long story); this is my 5th year teaching and I teach first grade right now
5. Birthday: July 2, 1978 (Yes, that does say seventy)5b. Where are you from: Born in Mississippi, moved to Dallas, Texas when I was 12; fully southern y'all5c. # of siblings: 1 older brother and 1 older sister (we are 29, 28, and 27 years old)
6a. Things I like: people, people, people; traveling around the world; unreached people groups; Alias; U2 (going to the concert in Oct.); reading; photography; Starbucks Chai; decorating my house; scrapbooking and anything creative; watercoloring; snowboarding; wakeboarding; chick flicks; hanging out with college women and watching them grow closer to Jesus; writing poetry; organizing; office supplies; feet and foot massages (I love feet! Clean ones); laughing with my sister and late night calls we have; laughing in general; encouraging people; languages (although I only speak a little Turkish and a tiny bit of French, nothing else yet); missions; Pilates & Yoga; dancing (ballet, tap, Flamenco, hip hop...); communication; watching baseball & golf; fall weather in Texas; Boston--I would love to live there someday
6b. Things I don't like: traffic (especially mean Dallas drivers); waking up at 6:00--it never gets easier for me no matter what people say; passive aggressive people; being fake; failing; Texas summers
7. Previous Summer Projects: No summer projects, but spent a year on STINT in Turkey
8. Favorite Book/Verse in Bible: My life verse is Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. Though my flesh and my heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion FOREVER."
8b. Favorite non-Bible book: Pride & Prejudice (I also adore the 6 hour movie of it too)
9. Screenname: I don't know--maybe browniek
10. Good Quote: "Expectations are your enemy, flexibility your friend."
--Some random CCC guy told me this on my first day of spending a year in Istanbul, Turkey with STINT
Favorite Drink: Starbucks Chai Latte