Thursday, December 08, 2005

Storm of the Year

Ok, so we had our first ice "storm" (if that is what you call it) here in North Texas. You would think that we would learn from past mistakes and STOP driving big semi-trucks over bridges, but I've just spent an hour watching the news and all the wrecks that keep happening. Did I mention I got the day off of school? Yay!

I drove home last night from my friends' house and it took me like 30 minutes to go across town. It was kind of fun to drive through the ice. I got stuck behind a stuck truck at TWU (the big hill) and I was very thankful for my brother at that point. He made me learn how to counter-steer a fishtail, and by golly, I think that is how I made it past the ice hill. Plus, it was super fun! I was glad to get home, lie around, and snuggle up while watching the Ewan McGregor motorcycle marathon. *sigh*

I've got a surprise day off. I think I'll put up my Christmas tree...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! Good plan on puting up your Christmas tree, but thanks for putting that aside and hanging out with me all day! It was fun, as always! I love you, you are a dear sister.