Thursday, July 07, 2005

Nice is Nice

So, I have been in Nice for a few weeks now, but I haven't had a moment to even write about it. I was thrust immediately into my role as "student staff" (which is funny because I am neither a "student" or CCC "staff"). This has been interesting to figure out how to balance my time with students and still go to meetings, etc. I feel lazy sometimes when I decide to rest instead of go to the beach or shopping, but if I don't, I will be a grump.

I had my 27th birthday here last Saturday and that was fun. In all honesty, the surprise birthday party that I had in May with my church was like my "real" birthday. This day, July 2, just made it official that I am one year older. I feel like I am 18 on the inside no matter what I see in the mirror. Ahh! ;P I celebrated by going to get my first official crepe in France. It was filled with chocolate/hazlenut creme--called Nutella--and was drippy good. I called it my "birthday crepe" and when you say it in French, it sounds mysteriously like "birthday crap". Hmmm....

We are going to visit a village in Italy and Monaco tomorrow for our day off. It is an optional excursion for the team and then I will try to lay out on the beach in Cannes for my day off on Saturday. I have had an interesting time with my feet here and have not been able to find the remedy in France. Apparently, French people do not have flat feet and they have never heard of a little term called "arch support". My mom has to Fed Ex the solution to me.

I will most likely get my foot x-rayed next week sometime, so please pray for healing.Our team needs prayer too because we are having a lot of difficulty. A stomach bug has hit about 8 people, one girl is having seizures and can't explain why, we've got nightmares, foot trouble, my teeth are starting to hurt, bags stolen, 3 deaths of close friends and family of our team--and all in 2 weeks! We need fighting for. We have about 50 people on our team...please pray.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, Happy late birthday : ) I will pray for you guys. I hope you are doing all right in the center of Europes current crisis. Miss ya girl
-Dawn

Anonymous said...

Katie, Happy Belated Birthday!!! We miss you and are keeping you and your team in our prayers! Thanks for keeping all of us updated!
~the Tylers

Anonymous said...

Your team is continually in my prayers. I will pray that you guys can be "more than conquerors". Mullet

Nicole said...

Hey Katie! I've enjoyed catching up on your adventures...and man, thank goodness for 'birthday crap', huh? =) Birthdays aren't birthdays without some kind of yummy treat, so I'm glad you got that.
I am praying for your team and for your feet. I know that He will sustain you, but I'm asking for tremendous strength and joy in serving Him.
Love,
Nicole

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! I love you and pray for you! CAn't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories!!! Love jennifer

Anonymous said...

This is tour brother. Stay strong. I'm going to see Mama this weekend and you will certainly bee in my thoughts. I like your blogspot, this is the first time to visit. Well I type very slow and it is very frustrating so I will go. I start school on the 6teenth so that's my schedule. I love you very much and hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

And if you are wondering why it's anonymous, I couldn't figure how to make my name. You know it's me. Tylawee